Roasted Pumpkin Nachos
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 4 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or butternut squash (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (13 ounces) tortilla chips
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Optional toppings: Minced fresh cilantro, sliced green onions and hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place pumpkin in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast until tender, 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce oven setting to 350°. On a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, layer half each of the chips, beans, pumpkin, salsa and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Add toppings of your choice; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 347 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Nov 1, 2019
This was good, but not great. We followed the recipe exactly and it seemed a little dry. I am going to try this again because it was tasty, but I may tweak it a bit.
Oct 20, 2017
We used butternut squash - this was very good.
Nov 3, 2014
I love squash but in this recipe it just didn't work for me. Tasty but I think I would have liked it how you made it in the summer with corn off the cob.