Roasted Pumpkin and Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 medium pie pumpkin (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, Brussels sprouts and garlic. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 35-40 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Apr 5, 2020
This was very bland
Oct 25, 2019
Oh my, this is delicious! It's all I can do, NOT to sit here and eat the whole bowl while waiting for hubby to come home from work. I added chunks of onions, because everything tastes better with onion. And I wish I had used more garlic. But other than those two small changes, it's fantastic.
Apr 8, 2018
very good tasting and family loved it