Roasted Pork Shoulder
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 cups water
- In a food processor, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and process until combined. Pour into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan; pour 2 cups water into pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 400°. Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours longer or until meat is tender, adding more water to the pan as needed. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts4 ounces cooked pork: 340 calories, 23g fat (7g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 15, 2020
I was skeptical of the high temperature recommended but I followed instructions and it tasted great. I had it in oven for a total of 2 and 1/2 hours. Came out very tasty. My husband loved it. Will make again.
Jun 6, 2019
This is fantastic! My family devoured it. I let it sit in the marinade overnight and it was delicious. I plan to make it again and again.
Apr 2, 2018
This was delicious! Marinade is one I will definitely use again. Next time maybe chicken. Used with a bone in pork shoulder. The outside was crispy and the unside very moist. Definitely a keeper
Apr 29, 2016
I could not find a boneless pork shoulder butt roast so I used a boneless pork loin roast. Everyone enjoyed it.
Apr 4, 2015
Loved! Loved! Loved this! Easy and VERY good! Excellent flavor and very tender!
Jan 25, 2014
This roast is excellent! I changed nothing, but using a little less salt.