Roasted Pepper Salad
Here’s a versatile, pretty side that will go with a summer full of entrées! —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 large sweet yellow peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pepper half: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Aug 7, 2020
So easy to prepare, I used heirloom grape and cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Would be great on the grill too!
Dec 10, 2011
Sweet and moist. Loved it and so low in calories.
Aug 7, 2011