Roasted Green Beans with Lemon & Walnuts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine green beans, shallots and garlic; drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- Roast 15-20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven; stir in 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Sprinkle with walnuts and remaining lemon zest.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 119 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
May 21, 2020
EXCELLENT - Great as is, but is fine without the walnuts as well.
Apr 12, 2019
Delicious green beans but just a little too much lemon. Next time I will either omit or cut back on the lemon zest. However, we cleaned our plates. Super easy and delicious! Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 28, 2016
Delicious green beans! However the shallots were burning about 5 minutes in, so next time I'll wait 5 minutes until the green beans are done to add the shallots.