Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (17-1/4 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Cut each sheet into nine squares. Mix ricotta cheese, red peppers, 2 tablespoons Romano cheese, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- Brush pastry edges with milk; place 2 rounded teaspoonfuls of cheese mixture in center of each square. Fold edges of pastry over filling, forming a rectangle; seal edges with a fork. Cut slits in pastry; brush with milk. Sprinkle with remaining Romano cheese.
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 puff: 150 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 27, 2014
Delicious appetizer for a family dinner.
Apr 16, 2010
I made these for a New Year's get together one year. The taste was good but I could have done with more of the filling in them. I tasted too much of the puff pastry. Will make again and increase the filling a bit. Might also try Locatelli Romano to see if it takes the flavor up a notch. Wonderful appetizer idea!