Rich Parsley Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 ounces cold reduced-fat cream cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold reduced-fat butter
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup honey
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the broth, parsley and honey just until moistened.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2014
I had some trouble with this recipe. The dough was very wet, almost like batter. I had to add quite a bit of flour. Then, the biscuits did not rise as expected (brand new baking powder). My guess is with the addition of the flour I should have increased the leavening ingredients. I also noticed there was no salt listed on the ingredient list. I don't know if this was an error or not, but there was obviously something missing in the flavor. One final note, I found the parsley/honey mix an odd flavor. All in all, these were edible, I am even saving the leftovers for tomorrow, but I will not make again.
Jun 1, 2010
These were a bit hit with my family...they freeze well, too! I used cilantro instead of parsley.