Rice ‘N’ Spinach Salad
For this appealing salad, we combine rice and fresh spinach with raisins, mushrooms, red onion, celery and cashews, then toss it all with a tasty soy sauce and oil dressing. We love garlic, so we add extra to the dressing.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup salted cashews halves
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the oil, soy sauce and garlic; pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chow mein noodles.