Ribs with Plum Sauce
I found the recipe for this tangy-sweet basting sauce when a surplus of plums sent me searching for new ideas to use all the fruit. In summer, I like to finish the ribs on the grill, brushing on the sauce, after first baking them in the oven. — Marie Hoyer, Hodgenville, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 5 to 6 pounds pork spareribs
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 cup plum jam or apricot preserves
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; place with bone side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until ribs are tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush some of the sauce over ribs. Bake at 350° or grill over medium heat, uncovered, 30 minutes longer, turning and basting occasionally.
Nutrition Facts13 ounce-weight: 948 calories, 53g fat (20g saturated fat), 213mg cholesterol, 2005mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 0 fiber), 55g protein.
Aug 3, 2013
No comment left
Jan 3, 2011
I make this often at our house. Except, I use whatever roast I have instead of the spareribs.
Dec 8, 2010
I made with apricot preserves. My husband and I love it. I made it so many times.