Rhubarb Sticky Buns
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a small bowl, cut butter into brown sugar until crumbly. Stir in rhubarb. Spoon evenly into 12 well-greased muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk and mix well.
- Spoon over rhubarb mixture, filling cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts1 bun: 206 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 17, 2016
Loves these! They were wonderful in texture and flavor!
Feb 7, 2015
Aug 15, 2012
I have made this recipe many, many times. Family and friends just love it!
Jun 29, 2011
wonderful simple recipe ! Prepped it ahead, kept it cool..then popped it in oven just as we sat down to lunch. Cold, it is good enough. Warm out of the oven...outstanding !! Also made a batch in mini muffin tins for work and was consumed instantly. Very nice, esp with fresh grated nutmeg.
Jul 5, 2008
Doubtful children loved it. It was an easy recipe that didn't heat the kitchen too long on a July morning.
May 17, 2008
No comment left
Aug 16, 2006
No comment left