Rhubarb Fool with Strawberries
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 3 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1-inch pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- In a large saucepan, combine rhubarb, sugar, orange juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 6-8 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool slightly.
- Process rhubarb mixture in a blender until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Lightly fold in pureed rhubarb and strawberries.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 213 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 17, 2020
This is the most yummy exquisite tasting dessert in man's written history!!! I love it and everyone who has eaten it loves it. The only thing I did differently I used 2 Cups whipping cream which I whipped with 3 heaping Tbsp powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Folded in the rhubarb and s'berries and thought I had died and gone to heaven!
Jul 16, 2013
I love how simple fools are to make. This is an interesting take on one. I think the rhubarb makes this a little to tart, combined with the orange juice. I would try to again with something else, like kiwi, instead of the rhubarb.