Rhubarb Citrus Punch
Rhubarb grows abundantly in our large farm garden. I'll make this punch for summertime gatherings or for special occasions with our extended family. —Ina Frey, St. Clemens, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
Makesabout 12 cups
- 8 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 5 cups water
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- 1 quart fresh or frozen strawberries, optional
- Ice cubes
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, simmer rhubarb and water until rhubarb is soft, about 10 minutes. Cool; strain through several layers of cheesecloth. Measure 4 cups juice and return to Dutch oven with the sugar. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- Refrigerate or freeze any remaining rhubarb juice for another batch. Combine orange and lemon juices and rhubarb mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale and, if desired, strawberries. Serve in chilled glass over ice.