Reuben Deli Sandwiches
Here's a new twist on the classic Reuben sandwich. The filling is easy to prepare and keeps well in the fridge. Add a salad and dessert, and you have a delicious brunch.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 3/4 pound finely chopped corned beef (about 3 cups)
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 30 slices rye bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce, mustard and horseradish. Stir in sauerkraut, corned beef and Swiss cheese.
- Spread 1/3 cup on 15 slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Lightly butter the outsides of bread. Toast sandwiches on a hot griddle for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nov 13, 2011
This is one of my fav reubens and my children even love it. I do prefer fresh horseradish though because I really like some extra kick.
Aug 19, 2008
BEST EVER from any resturant