Red Potato and Egg Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
Makes17 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 5 pounds medium red potatoes, halved
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into 3/4-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 276 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 12, 2020
We loved this potato salad! Red potatoes hold up so well in a dish like this....they stay firm and work so well with this dressing. I added a little extra dressing and served this along side a cookout on July 4th at our place at the lake. Didn't refrigerate overnight because we were pressed for time. There weren't alot of leftovers....and what was left was gone by lunch the next day. Delicious! Keeping this one handy for our summer cookouts!
Jun 21, 2020
This is THE BEST potato salad I’ve ever had; so flavorful and yummy! I did not add the sugar due to having sweet relish, but it didn’t matter. (Taste the sauce to be sure it’s to your liking) This will be the recipe I use from here forward!
May 24, 2020
This is a good recipe. I might omit sugar since relish is already sweet I add cooked bacon and substitute some of the mayo with bacon grease. It ads alot of flavor
May 6, 2019
If you like a softer potato salad, use russet (baking) potatoes instead. If you like a firmer potato salad, cook the potatoes whole, and cool them before cutting them up. Either way, it's a nice, slightly tangy potato salad with a nice mix of soft and crisp textures.
Jun 1, 2012
This is Great............a new staple at our house. Even taste better the next day.
Sep 9, 2011
Oops! Forgot to rate it.
Sep 9, 2011
Very good! My husband said he hoped I saved the recipe so that I could make it again!
Jul 5, 2011
I think my mother-in-law makes a mean potato salad. But I made this recipe for July 4th, and I got great ravings from my harshest critics......my kids! This recipe is potato salad perfection!
Oct 9, 2010
Quick because you don't have to peel. We love it without waiting overnight.,
Jun 25, 2010
I love this recipe...I make it a least once a month....The added flavor of relish really gives it a nice taste.