Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss the first six ingredients. Combine the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 25g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Oct 29, 2016
Every time I serve this salad, people are stunned at how unexpectedly delicious it is. I add fresh mushrooms and a few grape tomato halves for color.
Aug 7, 2015
I love this salad. Lots of flavors and textures. Nice, simple dressing. I sliced the red onions paper-thin on a mandolin and that was perfect. At first I thought 8 slices of bacon would be too much, but that was perfect too. One could reduce it to 6 slices if they wanted to shave off calories. Serve with a nice bread and it's a complete meal. Too bad leftovers don't stand up the next day (sad face). I'll make a half recipe next time since I cook for 3 now.
Nov 14, 2012
Any salad with bacon added is great! This salad has been a quick go to favorite for several years. You get the crunch fom the bacon and nuts and the cool and sweetness from the oranges. I use canola or olive oil which lowers the fat content of the nutrients value.
May 10, 2010
No comment left
Dec 20, 2009
This recipe has become a family favorite. So easy to toss together and has outstanding flavor.