Ravioli with Snap Peas & Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese ravioli
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced or 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, adding snap peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic; cook and stir until mushrooms are tender. Stir in milk, sage, lemon zest, lemon pepper and white pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add ravioli and snap peas to sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and hazelnuts.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 347 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 470mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 22, 2020
This is a quick recipe to put together and tastes great! I love ravioli any way you make it!
Apr 14, 2018
Have been making this for about 2 years, my husband loves it. Quick easy recipe, flavors are great. Thanks for sharing your recipe Charlene!!
Feb 11, 2018
No comment left
Jan 5, 2018
Lovely recipe-will want someone to make it asI know little cooking-yummy.
Nov 10, 2017
Very good addition to veggie meals. My teenage daughter decided to eat vegetarian, so while the rest of the family enjoys their meat, I try to incorporate two to three vegetarian n meals in the week, I have selections of other thing s she make for herself while I am cooking for the family. This was a hit for all. Si o easy and tassty.
Mar 16, 2017
No comment left
Jan 30, 2017
This was good. I used half & half and pine nuts as that is what I had on hand. I also added more parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce a bit.
Dec 5, 2016
Not bad. It tasted good, but the sauce was very thin. I should've added cornstarch to thicken it, otherwise there is no thickening to it at all. The mushrooms and seasoning were good, but the peas must have been out of season. I might skip those if I were to make this recipe again.
Apr 2, 2016
Very good and definitely would make it again. My husband and I thought the lemon pepper was not our choice. So next time will not add it, otherwise delicious.
Apr 2, 2016
I made this--my husband and I both really liked it. Beautiful presentation. We thought it had great flavor. I halved the recipe.