Rave-Review Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. + marinating
- 10 medium red potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper or cucumber
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook until tender, 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine chives, oil, vinegar, onion, salt if desired and pepper; mix well. Drain potatoes; cool slightly. Cut into cubes; add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and yogurt; chill. Just before serving, fold the mayonnaise mixture, celery and green pepper into potato salad.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 152 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Aug 23, 2016
My go to Potato Salad recipe for over 15 years. It is light, refreshing, and tangy.
Aug 8, 2016
My preference would be leaving the vinegar and green pepper out, Otherwise this was an awesome potato salad. The chives give it a nice flavor.
Mar 19, 2015
Excellent...variation of my grandmother's Swiss Potato Salad, she used sour cream instead of yogurt....I most definitely like the yogurt! Light flavor.....Thank you! five stars!
May 28, 2013
I discovered this recipes quite a few years ago and have made it religiously ever since. It's our families favorite and a favorite at every pot luck I take it to. I always double it for the Pot Lucks and I never have any left to take home and am always getting asked for the recipe.
Aug 22, 2011
Delicious! I used 1/4 cup cucumber and 1/4 cup green pepper. Also tossed in some "real" bacon bits and some parmesan.
Jun 6, 2006
No comment left
Apr 17, 2006
No comment left