Raspberry Tomato Salsa
Inspired by a gift of gourmet salsa. Dianne Koskinen of Baraga, Michigan created her own delightful version that pairs fresh tomatoes and raspberries. "My husband, Craig, and our 3-year-old son, Jordan, especially enjoy this salsa with crunch tortilla chips," she explains. "And I like that it's a healthy snack for all of us."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups diced peeled fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries, mashed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with chips.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 16 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 18, 2010
Oops, made a mistake I would rate this a 5 star, not 2.
Feb 18, 2010
This was very good. I didn't add as much heat as the recipe calls for, but it went over extremely well.
Aug 12, 2008
No comment left