Raspberry Marshmallow Delight
This is one of our family's favorite desserts. It has a tangy, unique flavor. After a hard day of working on the farm, this fruity treat is most welcome.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 50 large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
- 1-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream and fresh raspberries, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir marshmallows and milk until marshmallows are melted. Cool to room temperature. Fold in whipped topping; spread over crust.
- In a large saucepan, bring raspberries, 1 cup water, sugar and lemon juice to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water; stir to raspberry mixture. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool to room temperature. Spread over marshmallow layer.
- Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Garnish with whipped cream and raspberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 227 calories, 6g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 21, 2010
No comment left
Aug 29, 2009
This is the raspberry dessert that my mother always made for Sunday dinner at the lake during raspberry season. Our family chooses it over raspberry pie!