Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 drop lemon juice
- 5-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) red raspberry preserves
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 drop lemon juice
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate until easy to handle, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide dough into three portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake until edges are very lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, spread raspberry preserves on the bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies.
- For icing, combine sugar, lemon juice, food coloring if desired, and enough milk to achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 149 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 2, 2013
I first made this recipe one Christmas as an attempt to replicate some of my favorite cookies from a bakery in Minnesota. All my family agreed that these tasted extremely similar, and are now a new favorite. The only thing is that due to the sandwiching process they are a bit more time-consuming, but my family thinks that the results are well worth the extra time.
Feb 8, 2010
Something is missing. There is not enough liquids. The dough was so dry after adding the flour, I couldn't even form balls let alone roll it. I ended up adding more lemon juice.
Aug 22, 2007
No comment left