Raspberry Custard Kuchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup flour and salt; cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cream; pat onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine the sugar and remaining flour; sprinkle over crust.
- Arrange raspberries over crust. In a large bowl, combine sugar and flour. Stir in eggs, cream and vanilla; pour over berries.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 328 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 28, 2020
I make this recipe with rhubarb and substituted the 1 cup cream with Low fat sour cream or yogurt. Delicious and nutritious!
Jun 23, 2020
I’m confused as to how much flour and cream where and when?
May 31, 2020
No comment left
May 11, 2020
I’ve been making this recipe for years, but usually when fresh peaches are in season. It’s best when eaten the same day, prior to refrigerating.
Apr 28, 2020
This is AMAZING! My family loved it. I'm going to try it with blackberries today. I served it with whipped cream. Highly recommend.
Nov 1, 2019
very delicious! from the buttery crust to the creamy custard with raspberries. My husband and his work friends loved it too
Oct 2, 2019
Made this last week on a spur of the moment when I saw that I had a couple of pints of Raspberries that no one was eating and went looking for a good recipe ... This fit the bill perfectly! Fantastic. I think the neat thing about it is that like Mary says below, almost any fruit on top could work well, but the raspberry taste and the simplicity of the other flavors are really what make this recipe work.
Aug 18, 2019
I saw this recipe on Thursday morning and decided then and there to make it for company coming for dinner that night. It was a huge hit, and I can't wait to make it again! Thank you!
Jun 4, 2019
Delicious dessert. I used 2 cups fresh rhubarb and 2 cups fresh strawberries. Next time I will try blueberries w/lemon. Great recipe to adapt to your available fruit.
Feb 12, 2019
I have always used 4 cups of fresh diced rhubarb instead of raspberries. It is delicious.