Raspberry Butter Torte
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package butter recipe golden cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rum extract
- 2 cups raspberry cake and pastry filling
- Chocolate curls
- Sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions; fold in chopped almonds. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake as directed. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa and extract; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Cut each cake into two horizontal layers. Place one layer on a serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup raspberry filling and 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat with remaining cake layers.
- Place remaining frosting in a pastry bag with a star tip #195. Decorate top and sides of cake as desired. Garnish with chocolate curls. Sprinkle with sliced almonds if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 464 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 334mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 30, 2013
No comment left
May 9, 2011
This is excellent. I made it for dessert for Mother's Day and everyone loved it.
Dec 11, 2008
I first made this a couple of years ago for my manager's birthday. It was a HIT! I couldn't believe something that was so easy to put together tasted so decadent and looked so professional! This has become a staple cake for me, for special occasions and other events.