Raspberry-Banana Breakfast Tacos
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Combine egg, milk, canola oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease griddle. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese and yogurt. Spread over pancakes; top with banana and raspberries. Fold up.
Nutrition Facts1 taco: 429 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 651mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Jun 9, 2019
This recipe was super fun to make with my daughter. I didn't have whole wheat flour so I just used white. The batter was pretty thick so if I were to make it again I would make sure to spread the batter more on the griddle or add some water or milk because when I folded the pancake it started to fall apart. This is a really fun recipe to make with kids of all ages because its easy for them to help. If your in a time crunch you could certainly use box mix and just add the spices. The yogurt cream cheese mixture was a nice compliment to the fruit.