Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 6 packages (3 ounces each) fruit-flavored gelatins of your choice
- 6 cups boiling water, divided
- 3 cups cold water, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into six cubes
- In a bowl, dissolve one package of gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water; stir. Spoon half into an oiled 10-in. fluted tube pan. Chill until almost set, about 40 minutes. Cool the other half of gelatin mixture; pour into a blender. Add one cube of cream cheese and blend until smooth. Spoon over the first layer. Chill until set. Repeat five times, alternating plain gelatin layer with creamed gelatin layer, and chilling between each step. Just before serving, unmold onto a serving platter.
Editor's NoteThis recipe takes time to prepare since each layer must be set before the next layer is added.
May 28, 2016
This is absolutely beautiful for a special occasion. I took it to a potluck and the children immediately went after it. It makes a full bundt pan, and it was decimated. In order to un-mold it, I had to dip the pan in warm water and then it came out well. The last layer you add it supposed to be a creamy layer, but this layer is too soft to support the rest of the salad well. I suggest that the last layer be just gelatin without the added cream cheese. This takes all day to make since each layer needs to chill, but it's worth it if you are going to be around all day.