Quicker Comforting Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1-1/2 cups frozen baby carrots, thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (15 ounces) small whole potatoes, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and carrots in butter until chicken is lightly browned. Add potatoes. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add the cream, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 605 calories, 47g fat (29g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 30, 2015
The family really loved this. Used fresh carrots and baby potatoes, both boiled before adding them to the skillet, and half and half.
Jan 17, 2014
This looks pretty straightforward. Seems easy enough. Will use both fresh carrots and potatoes.
Jul 8, 2012
No comment left
Jun 12, 2012
Apr 9, 2012
No comment left
Oct 15, 2011
I just made this tonight for my family and made only two not so big substitutions: fresh baby carrots instead of frozen and canned sliced potatoes instead of whole. The only reason I switched these two was because that was what I had on hand. We loved it! I will totally be making this again! It cooked up fast and easy, smelled great! My family ate it all up with no leftovers! Oh, and I cut my carrots in half because they were fresh so they would cook faster.
Apr 23, 2010
my all-time favorite one-dish meal! I use fresh baby carrots, cut the whole potatoes in half, and use fat-free evaporated milk and 1/4 cup of butter to make it lower in fat. Excellent!
Nov 3, 2009
Absolutely creamy and delicious. I used fresh whole baby carrots the first time I made it instead of the canned ones and sliced fresh potatoes. 2nd time I didn't have any carrots so I went with double potatoes, that was yummy! This is a wonderful recipe. Kids and hubby loved it too. Will make this often!