Quicker Barbecued Chicken ‘n’ Rice
To speed up a classic, we used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It doesn't sacrifice the dish's tangy flavor. Instant rice also speeds up the dish.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine rice and broth in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine barbecue sauce, onion and celery seed; pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.