Quick Tater Tots Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3/4 to 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup 2% milk or water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots. Combine soup and milk; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 570 calories, 35g fat (12g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 1357mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Jun 5, 2020
I have always loved tater tots and the casseroles that are created with them, and this was very good, although a little too salty. Made this many times, but after the first try I switched to low-salt soup and changed up the layering a bit -- after the beef layer I poured the soup mixture, then cheese, then finally topped it with the tater tots. They got deliciously browned and we liked it much better. I also added frozen green beans, and then it became more of a meal. =)
Jun 5, 2020
We love this one, but we put the soup on top of the meat/onion, then the cheese and top with tater tots so they are crispy. I also bake it for 45-50min. We omit the salt because the soup and cheese have plenty of sodium.
Apr 16, 2020
I agree with carrieberry4chad, add some mixed vegetables to this, a d it makes a great meal!
Apr 8, 2020
Easy. Love it. I put left over corn i had and used half and half, and cream of celery yummo. Thanks for the recipe. Barbara coyle from tx.
Mar 26, 2020
Absolutely Amazing Melted in my mouth and kept them coming back for more
Mar 8, 2020
Dec 18, 2019
No comment left
Dec 1, 2019
I added some stuff to it it was pretty good
Nov 6, 2019
It was just okay. Easy to make but I wasn’t overly thrilled with it.
Sep 1, 2019