Quick Taco Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions, sour cream and corn chips or tortilla chips, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the taco seasoning, tomatoes, beans and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cook until heated through.
- Ladle into individual bowls; top with cheese. If desired, also top with onions, corn chips and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 262 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 994mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 22g protein.
Jan 6, 2020
Very easy and used ingredients I have on hand. It was very tasty, even better the next day. A great quick economical soup!
Sep 17, 2010
I rated this recipe a 4 instead of a 5 because if I hadn't added extra taco seasoning, cayenne pepper, and chili pepper it would have been pretty bland. I also added a 4 oz can of green chilies. I had a 28 ounce can of stewed tomatoes and I am glad I used the whole can otherwise it wouldn't have been soup. My husband is not a fan of tomatoes so he thinks it would be much better with diced tomatoes, that way the tomatoes wouldn't be so big :)
Aug 8, 2010
One of my husband's favorite meals, especially since it is easy to reheat and have as a leftover. Also, we've made it on camping trips, because of how easy is to make and how many it feeds.