Quick Herbed Green Beans
“They are yummy warm or chilled, and they make a wonderful centerpiece for an antipasto tray!” Nanci Keatley - Salem, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring vinegar, oil, basil, oregano and garlic salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place beans and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Pour vinegar mixture over beans; sprinkle with almonds and Parmesan cheese. Toss to coat.