Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 package (6 ounces) seasoned croutons
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well before serving; ladle into soup bowls and garnish as desired with croutons, cucumbers, peppers and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 140 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 811mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 26, 2011
No comment left
May 31, 2011
Thanks for jiggling my memory....I bought three English cucumbers over the weekend and wasn't sure how I'd use the other two after I tried one new recipe. Haven't made gazpacho in a couple of years....like mine icy cold and usually float an ice cube in it when serving. I, too, use the Spicy Hot V-8.
May 31, 2011
Very tasty! I added cilantro which went very well with the taste
Sep 15, 2010
I've made this with regular V-8 juice and the Spicy Hot V-8 version (I omit the added hot pepper sauce in this case). My husband prefers the spicy, but I like the regular. I also prefer not adding the salt. This is a very good gazpacho recipe.