Quick Fettuccini Alfredo
This simple fettuccine Alfredo recipe combines heavy whipping cream Parmesan and Romano cheese or a creamy, cheesy sauce that'll come together in minutes. —Jo Gray, Park City, Montana
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in cream, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, egg yolks, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until a thermometer reads 160° (do not boil).
- Drain fettuccine; serve with Alfredo sauce and remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.