Quick Confetti Rice
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- Soy sauce, optional
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoon drippings.
- In same skillet, saute carrots and celery in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the rice and peas; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in bacon. Serve with soy sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 202 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 26, 2012
awsome! how shipin
Apr 25, 2010
Excellent. I just add onions. A keeper!
Apr 16, 2010
My husband loves this recipe. Asks for it over and over. The only drawback is that the vegetables are cooked in the bacon fat which can be a little on the rich side.
Feb 6, 2010
No comment left
Sep 22, 2009
Very good - went well with the egg rolls I made. Yummy!!