Quick Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups Quick Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- In a bowl, combine mix and sugar. Whisk the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Jan 22, 2012
Made this for my family and they can't get enough! After reading the other reviews, I was worried about the bottom not having enough flavor, but the whole thing was wonderful. Easy and fun to make. It's perfect warmed up with some vanilla ice cream and a glass of milk! Next time, I'll double the topping and put a stripe in the middle and on top.
Apr 16, 2011
Batter consistancy is like biscuts. My neice and I added more milk to make it more like cake batter.
Jan 19, 2010
horriable dry and definetly would not make it again
Nov 24, 2009
This was my very first coffee cake, and even though it wasn't bad I probably won't make it again. I may have messed up on the "quick baking mix" recipe, but this cake just seemed very dry and bland. I should have made more topping than the original recipe called for since that is where all the flavor was.