Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Three-Meat Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/4 cup sauce over half of each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge; top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 calzone: 430 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 18, 2020
Quick and simple weeknight meal. I just used meat flavored spaghetti sauce. In the future I would add some pepperoni since mine didn't have the chunks of meat that the sauce in the recipe called for. Delicious, though.
Jul 27, 2016
These were simple to make and delicious! I have made them several times now. Our family likes them with more cheese, so we add more. I also use a meatless sauce, and add whatever pizza toppings/fillings we want -- like sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, tomatoes, meatballs -- whatever! They turn out so good!
Oct 1, 2015
These were a hit with the whole family! They tasted like they came from a professional bakery. We added pepperoni to ours in addition to the cheese. They do puff up in the oven, so I cut each calzone in half after baking.
Mar 5, 2011
Very good- and easy!
Jan 14, 2011
This recipe was amazing, kids and husband loved it and wanted more. Quick only took 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. I will definitely make it again. The only thing I would change is the amount of sauce (we used prego meat sauce) being added, the first one we did was way too much and make a mess, then we just guessed and the rest turned out perfect!! We also added pepparoni to ours. Highly recommended!