Purple-Ribbon Pumpkin Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, salt, ginger and nutmeg; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake; garnish with pecan if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 535 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 10, 2019
No comment left
Oct 22, 2019
My daughter made this for my birthday cake and all I can say is "Wow!" It is such a moist, flavorful cake. It was the best birthday cake I ever had. She followed the cake recipe exactly, and used a cream cheese buttercream recipe for the frosting. Delicious!
Oct 19, 2019
This recipe is outstanding. I made it using a fluted bundt pan, and made the frosting a touch thinner by adding a few tablespoons of half and half so that it would drizzle slightly down the sides of the finished bundt. Exquisite look--and delicious!
Apr 26, 2019
This cake is fabulous, and the frosting is also great. I added 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice for added flavor. If you like spice cake, you will love this. It is a big hit everywhere I take it.
Apr 22, 2017
Everyone loved this cake!
Dec 7, 2015
Excellent Recipe..My 15 yr old Granddaughter is an expert with this recipe. Family favorite.
Oct 2, 2015
This is the ONLY pumpkin cake recipe I use. I get requests for it all the time. In fact I'm making it for church tomorrow right now!
Apr 18, 2015
My family and friends love it!!
Nov 17, 2014
Easy, yummy, and great texture. A do over! The only substitution I used, 3 Teaspoons pumpkin pie spice rather then the spices listed. It gave it a very good pumpkin flavor!
Nov 28, 2013
The best pumpkin cake ever!