Pumpkin Pie Custard
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15 ounces) canned pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sweetened whipped cream and additional cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ten 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat first four ingredients until smooth. Add sugar, salt and spices; mix well. Divide among ramekins.
- Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; serve or refrigerate within 2 hours. If desired, top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without whipped topping): 120 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Oct 14, 2017
I cut the recipe down for two--so delicious!! For spices, I used cinnamon and pie spice. Thank you, Nancy, for sharing this recipe.
Sep 23, 2015
I absolutely LOVE pumpkin pie, but not the sugar and calories. I was excited to try this recipe, but was disappointed with the bland taste. I didn't change anything in the recipe except substituting the sugar with stevia. Sweetness wasn't the problem. Of course, I could experiment with additional spices, but I'm not too sure it's a keeper. Maybe I'll give it one more try with some adjustments.
Feb 8, 2013
i did not like it
Sep 29, 2012
This is a great recipe. I often don't like the crust from pumpkin pie - this is perfect! I think its best when its cold!!! It was delightful.
Mar 12, 2012
I love this one! i use splenda instead of the sugar and it still is great. Even my little ones enjoy it!
Nov 24, 2011
Our family made a commitment to healthy eating over 2 yrs ago. Holidays can be the hardest. My oldest hates pie crust put loves the pumpkin pie filling. So I did a search and so glad I did as these were amazing. The best part of the pumpkin pie at portions we can all eat.
Aug 13, 2009
Wonderful! I have made this in custard cups topped with Cool Whip probably 25 times. I use Splenda and it comes out great. My husband should not have sugar. He wants this all the time!
Mar 4, 2009
I usually bake it in a large round casserole dish. Bake it longer until set. I am going to add another fat-free pumpkin custard to my ecipes that uses honey. Look for it soon. NanZim
Dec 12, 2008
No comment left
Dec 8, 2008
No comment left