Pumpkin Ice Cream Roll
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- Whipped cream, optional
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt. In a bowl, beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes or until pale yellow. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in pumpkin. Fold in dry ingredients. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with greased and floured waxed paper. Pour batter into pan; bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a linen towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar. Peel off paper; roll up cake with towel. Cool on a wire rack. Unroll cake onto a baking sheet. Spread softened ice cream to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up cake again, without the towel. Cover and freeze.
- To serve, let stand a few minutes at room temperature before slicing. If desired, dust cake with confectioners' sugar and top with the whipped cream and pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 276 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 30, 2018
This was easy enough to make and tastes good but my family prefers the cream cheese version for the filling. It's nice to have on hand in the freezer though.
Nov 27, 2015
Oh dear...what a mess I made of this! My cake cracked into pieces when I unrolled it, but I went and slapped on the ice cream, somehow managed to reassemble it, and laughed at the result. But later on I sliced it and it looked kind of pretty, and was delicious with whipped cream on top. I forgot to toast pecans, and I'm sure that would have been even better. I will attempt this creation again!
Nov 18, 2014
I make a traditional pumpkin roll with cream cheese filling, but this is even easier than that recipe! I can even get no sugar added butter pecan ice cream, so it makes it even less calories and fat!
Dec 11, 2012
No comment left
Nov 20, 2011
I have been making this recipe for the last ten years and is part of our Thanksgiving tradition.
Mar 26, 2010