Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into four greased 10-oz. custard cups.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking pan; pour hot water around cups to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter. Sprinkle over custard. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 422 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 8, 2020
THIS CUSTARD IS SO GOOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I used whipping cream (had it on hand) and instead of making the nut topping (can't eat nuts) I used crushed Heath Bars as the topping. Put it on immediately when custards came out of the oven. Froze some of them wrapped in foil then microwave-thawed them (25 seconds) and they were every bit as good. These would make such perfect substitutes for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving -- a real treat.
Nov 13, 2017
We used the pumpkin that was cut out from the Haloween pumpkins .... cooked and drained. Also substituted walnuts for pecans because that's what I had on hand. Used 8 oz custard cups. Turned out great ! Definitely will make again but next time will run theumpkin through the blender to make smoother ... it was just a tad stringy.
Oct 23, 2016
I don't have custard cups but have 4 oz ramekins, could I use these instead?
Nov 15, 2015
Super easy and really good. Great for gluten free diets. I used low fat buttermilk and it gave it a nice tangy flavor. The topping is yummy but not necessary. I had to make a second batch, it was so good. I agree...whipped cream really tops it off.
Oct 10, 2014
My teen boys fought over the last one. They both made a suggestion for next time: use an oatmeal topping. I just made it a second time and its better! top with whipped cream & toasted pecans .
Oct 29, 2013
Can't get much easier....lovely!
Oct 23, 2013
This was amazing!
Oct 6, 2012
As the pumpkin custard was baking, my daughter walked in and said it was "so amazing" she wanted to take it to her boyfriend's house. I had to immediately make another custard, with heavy cream instead of half-and-half. I also used cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice instead of pumpkin pie spice. It's all good!
Nov 8, 2011
Oct 1, 2010
it was easy to make, and I used heavy cream because that is what I had in the fridge. I took a lot longer to cook than 20 min. more like 40...maybe it was the cream. I recommend you try it! and I am only 14 and thought it was easy!