Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a saucepan, heat and stir pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and salt until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted. Add to flour/yeast mixture along with egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side.
- Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla, salt and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar; beat until well blended. Add more sugar, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 245 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 16, 2016
These rolls are delicious! The bread is moist and tender and the caramel frosting is right on! I did not pick up much of a pumpkin flavor, and I did add about 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice to the dough. I also doubled the frosting because my family loves how gooey rolls are with extra frosting.
Sep 18, 2015
This is the best I've ever tasted. My family will be eating this come Thanksgiving
Feb 23, 2015
Had these at a grandparents day event. They had all kinds of desserts and this was the best. Found the person that made these and asked for the recipe and was told it was a Taste of Home recipie. Love this recipe.
Dec 11, 2014
These are divine. The pumpkin gives them a pretty color. Like other reviewers, I doubled the pumpkin. I used the dough setting on my bread maker, adding the wet ingredients first as my machine likes. I added the last half cup of flour as the dough mixed.
Oct 18, 2014
Very yummy and moist - thanks for sharing!
Oct 2, 2014
Made according to the recipe, these were good. When I brushed the rolls with a butter/sugar mixture, and then added some homemade cream cheese icing instead of the caramel frosting, they were amazing
Jan 25, 2013
No comment left
Nov 10, 2012
These cinnamon rolls are pretty, tasty and absolutely wonderful! Although it doesn't have a pumpkin taste, it is still tasty. My siblings are asking me to make them again!
Oct 31, 2012
I made these and my 6 year old could not get enough of them and friends loved them. The only thing I did different was due to every one saying they did not taste like pumpkin I put cream cheese frosting with pumpkin pie spice in it. They tasted great and my husband said it tasted like pumpkin pie. I used the recipe from https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Pumpkin-Spice-Cupcakes-with-Cream-Cheese-Frosting in stead of cinnamon I used the pumpkin pie spice. Loved it!
Oct 29, 2012
Love them!! Have made twice so far!