Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 23, 2016
This cake and sauce were fantastic! I love pumpkin and caramel, and put them together and you've got a real winner!! I served this to guests and they loved it, too. Can't wait til tomorrow when I can have another piece!!
Oct 12, 2014
Nov 24, 2013
This cake was delicious! I made it in a bundt cake pan, and while I won't be doing that again because I didn't exactly like how the outside crust came out (I think it was the type of bundt cake pan I used), I did love this cake overall.
Sep 28, 2013
This is soooo good! Excellent recipe.
Sep 18, 2012
I made this for my family, we all love pumpkin. It was easy to make, with handy ingredients and my kids loved it. A big hit for us. The kids are already asking me to make it again.
Jan 21, 2012
Wow, this is a TERRIFIC recipe! I recently tried it and took it to work with me, where it got rave reviews and people begged me to make them one. So yummy!
Jan 6, 2012
No comment left
Aug 9, 2011
This is a cake that tastes like pumpkin bread.The sauce was very good. It makes a lot and is very sweet . We are going to use the rest as a topping for homemade ice cream later. yum!
Mar 6, 2011
Wonderfully delicious!!! I put this in a bundt cake pan and it turned out awesome. Also added some maple syrup in the carmel sauce and my husband couldn't get enough! Moist and wonderful - DEFINITELY a keeper!
Nov 15, 2010
EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Was SO delicious:) Will def make again....