Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 30, 2020
I don’t know where this recipe originated, but I double checked, it‘s EXACTLY the same one I have been making for forty years! It’s moist, it’s delicious. Some folks have commented that it’s not chewy. No, it’s not. It’s not supposed to be. It’s not exactly a cake either. It cuts into neat bars, my family loves them. I bake it in a 10x15 x 1 pan, it comes out perfectly. The only thing I add is a pinch of cloves. Delicious and reliable.
May 14, 2020
These were probably the best thing I’ve ever made, and I’m a big baker. I used about 1/3 more cinnamon, 1/3 less oil, and baked about 5 minutes longer...but ovens do vary. Delish!
Dec 10, 2019
I BAKE ALL THE TIME AND THE KIDS ARE ALWAYS ASKING ME FOR SOMETHING. I TRIED THESE AND NOW I HAVE A NEW "MOST REQUESTED" DESERT. THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL AND EASY TO MAKE DESSERT . SO MOIST.. SIMPLY DELICIOUS !!!
Dec 10, 2019
I added pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon. I had a hard time getting it done all the way. I thin next time I will only add half of the oil. A cup seems like way too much.
Nov 8, 2019
This recipe is fantastic!! The cake part was very moist and thick. The frosting was delicious and not too sweet! My sister loved it and she’s not even a fan of pumpkin! 10/10 recommend
Nov 2, 2019
I made these to take to visit a sick family member and was pretty disappointed by the lack of flavor in the bars themselves. They definitely need spices other then just cinnamon and I regretted not adding ground cloves, ginger, and nutmeg but I wanted to make the recipe exactly as shown. The frosting was good but was the only flavor you could taste.
Oct 30, 2019
Great. Moist. Everyone liked them.
Oct 29, 2019
I LOVE IT!!!! I shared it with my neighbors. I'll definitely make it again. :)
Oct 22, 2019
a very moist cake and with canned pumpkin I always keep this in my pantry for a quick make any time of year
Oct 4, 2019
If I was just reviewing the bars without the frosting, I would give this 5 stars. They are so good. I baked mine in a 15 x 10 pan per the recipe, and had to make extra frosting, as there was not enough to cover the top (even with a very thing layer). 6 oz. of cream cheese is a strange amount. I used the whole 8 oz. brick, and added the proportion of powdered sugar and milk needed to finish topping the bars. I wonder if there's a typo in the recipe? Should it be 6 oz. of cream cheese, or should it have been 16 oz? Would have been plenty of frosting (maybe too much) for a 9x13 using 6 oz, but not enough for the 15x10.