Pumpkin and Chicken Sausage Hash
This can be served as a side or as the main dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I like to serve it topped with poached or fried eggs for breakfast. —Valerie Donn, Williamsburg, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add pumpkin; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes. Add onion; cook 3 minutes longer. Add sausage, mushrooms, red and green peppers and garlic powder. Cook and stir until pumpkin is tender, 10-12 minutes. Top with parsley before serving.