Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (2 pounds)
- 8 seeded hamburger buns, split
- Optional Topping: sliced red onion, fresh cilantro leaves and quick pickle slices
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients; add the pork. Spoon some of the sauce over pork. Cover and cook on low for 7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Serve with desired toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 681mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Dec 16, 2015
Made this for dinner tonight. Only thing I changed was I cut the cinnamon in half. It was ridiculously easy and tasty. Will definitely be making this again. One of the reviewers commented that it wasn't very saucy and I gotta say mine was very saucy. I used Sweet Baby Rays Original Recipe as my BBQ sauce. Great way to use one of those small pork roasts you get at Costco (they come in a pack of 4).
Nov 6, 2013
Not a real fan of the cinnamon, but I wanted to make this exactly as the recipe was written. Still not a fan of cinnamon in my bbq.
Jul 23, 2013
This was so easy to throw together in the morning and forget about it all day. I prefer more barbecue flavor so next time I will increase the BBQ sauce and omit the tomato sauce. Love the kick from the chili powder and cumin!
Jun 6, 2012
Saucey - recipe could easily handle up to a 3 lb roast. Great for a fall weekend. We served with side of baked beans, creamy coleslaw and Bordon's (mincemeat) pumpkin muffins. 'Nuff said - it made for an excellent meal.
Sep 10, 2011
No comment left
Feb 25, 2011
I make this recipe often, the seasons are perfect, I don't put mine on a bun it takes the flavor away
Jan 30, 2011
No comment left
Jan 16, 2011
This turned out very well, and because I usually only cook for myself I scaled it down for a 1.5 quart slow cooker.
Apr 21, 2010
Very good and easy. I served with baked beans and a fruied coleslaw. I had a 4lb piece of meat and it cooked fine in 7 hours.
Feb 24, 2010
My husband constantly requests I make this. It may just be our favorite meal!