Pueblo Green Chili Stew
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 pounds lean boneless pork, cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (12 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 3 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- In a large Dutch oven, brown half of the pork at a time in oil. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
May 11, 2012
it was good...i did need something so i added onion and cilantro, i also subsituted fresh tomatoes for canned.
Oct 2, 2010
good but was missing something.
Dec 21, 2009
This was GREAT! It was more like soup at first, but with the potatoes cut small and well-cooked, they dissolved a bit and gave the liquid some body for the next days' servings. Proportions are fine -- lots of crunchy corn. Simple and delicious. A real winner!
Oct 13, 2009
This is so good on a cold evening. I serve with beer bread (3 cups bisquick, 3T sugar, 1 bottle room temp beer at 350 1 hour). Yum!