Prune Bundt Cake
Moist, flavorful and simply scrumptious, this old-fashioned cake was one of my mom's best desserts. Top it with confectioners' sugar or frosting for a sweet treat sure to win raves. -Gina Mueller, Converse, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, cloves and nutmeg
- 1 cup prune juice
- 1 cup finely chopped pitted dried plums
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with prune juice, beating well after each addition. Stir in prunes.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.