I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a "keeper" in my books. This combination of flavors just works for me. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- Heat 1/4 in. oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets, a few at a time, until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices if desired.
reader says spicy brwon or honey mustard aslo works well in place of Dijon