Pressure-Cooker Steel-Cut Oats and Berries
I woke up one morning realizing I had forgotten to make overnight oats the night before. I tried an idea in the multicooker and it turned out fine. Serve with fresh seasonal fruit—my favorites are spring and summer berries. —Mary Anne Thygesen, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + releasing
- 3-1/4 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3/8 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cardamom, allspice and nutmeg
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Optional toppings: Yogurt, maple syrup and fresh berries
- Place 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup oats, 1/4 cup coconut, 2 tablespoons cranberries, 1/8 teaspoon of each cinnamon, cardamom, allspice and nutmeg, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in each of three 1-pint canning jars. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Place a trivet insert and remaining 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Set jars on trivet. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Remove jars. Let stand 3 minutes before serving. If desired, serve with toppings of your choice.