Pressure-Cooker Spicy Pork Roast With Apricots
I wanted to create a roast all in one pot that had a slightly sweet taste and was good for dinner and then sliced for sandwiches the next day. I like to serve it with a country gravy made with some of the juices and pieces of apricots from roast mixed in. —Paulina Parker, Livingston, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over roast. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Place 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Top with roast; drizzle with oil. Combine apricots and honey; pour over roast. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Quick release pressure. Press cancel. Remove roast and keep warm.
- Strain cooking juices into a 4-cup measuring cup; add enough water to measure 3 cups. Return juices to the pressure cooker. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat; bring liquid to a boil. Gradually stir gravy mix into cooking juices. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Slice pork and serve with gravy.