Pressure-Cooker Spicy Lemon Chicken
I took a favorite recipe and modified it to work in a pressure cooker. We enjoy this tender lemony chicken with rice or buttered noodles. —Nancy Rambo, Riverside, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, chili powder and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each )
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a greased 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine onion, water, lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Add chicken; turn to coat. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 165°. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Serve with chicken over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.