Pressure Cooker Saucy BBQ Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked brown rice, optional
- Place chicken in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker; sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Top with onion and tomatoes. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, barbecue sauce, water, orange juice and seasonings; pour over top.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 10 minutes. Quick-release pressure. A thermometer inserted in chicken should read at least 170° If desired, serve with rice.
Freeze option: Place cooked chicken mixture in freezer containers. Cool and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
May 21, 2020
Aug 24, 2019
This was easy to make. Chicken turned out very tender, and like another reviewer said it needed some salt. I served it over couscous . However I wasn’t won over with the flavor of the sauce, I thought the combination was a little bland. Might try just the barbecue sauce and a little water next time.
May 1, 2019
This was surprisingly good, especially considering how easy the prep is. Definitely recommend serving over rice. Lots of sauce. I would add a some salt, but make it first as is and adjust to your taste. Very yummy.
Apr 24, 2019
Delicious! We had this recipe tonight. I followed the recipe exactly. This is quick even though you have to wait for it to come to pressure. Quick and delicious. Volunteer Field Editor